a knitter navigates through life

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

the WHAT knitter's circle?

It's been an embarrassingly long time since I've posted, so I've got a lot to catch up on. First, we had the weekly meeting of the Skanky Ho Knitter's Circle at Indie Coffee and Books in downtown
Decatur. (The SHKC was formerly known as the Monday Night Gypsy Knitters, and still is when we're talking to our mothers. The name came about when one of our members (actually not me) accidentally sent a reply to the entire group when she meant to reply to only one person, and called that person a skanky ho (all in good fun.). We've all had a problem with that lately (sending replies to the entire group, not with calling people skanky hos), but for some reason it really took off, and soon people were signing emails "Skanky Ho #3", and making references that one would generally not expect to find in a knitting circle email list. My coworkers do not believe me when I tell them about my knitting friends.) (Yes, I love me some parentheses. Why do you ask?)
Anywho, a good time was had by all. I got some good knitting progress made and got to hang with some of the coolest chicks I know.
Next up: fun with craft fairs! (subtitled: where did all my money go?)

4 comments:

Kerry said...

I really loved Jana's comment about the Smackaho Tribe! I'd say we definitely have the most unique name for a knitting group, that's fo sho!

Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver said...

skank.e.ho

Carina said...

what? aren't all knitting groups as filthy and fun as our??? why else would anyone go?

Debbie D said...

so are we going to have to start knitting itty bitty tiny g-strings for our Skanky Ho selves?