a knitter navigates through life

Friday, September 21, 2007

somebody stop me

Hi, my name is Kim, and I have a Noro problem. Let me explain. I was at the Yarn Harlot event (hey, is anybody else still event-hungover? I am still dragging. Wow.) and I noticed (from across the freakin' theater (ok, granted, an empty theater, but still)), this felted bag that a woman had left to save her seat. It was knit of mitered squares in all different colors of Noro Kureyon, and it was so beautiful it took my breath away. (In retrospect, I probably should have gotten her name.) I was absolutely enchanted. I needed one. But . . . maybe not a bag. I mean, a bag is such a little space to play with the magical colors of Kureyon. I'd need something larger. Maybe like a blanket? Oooo, yeah, that'd be perfect! A beautiful Kureyon blanket! Oh, wait. I'm already doing a Kureyon blanket. Right. And then, of course, I decided to search for a mitered square Kureyon blanket on Ravelry (yeah, cuz THAT'S going to convince me I don't need to knit one.) And I found this. Brilliant. Great job, Kim. It is so heart-achingly beautiful that I'm really not sure what's keeping me from casting this on right this second. Is there some sort of 12-step program I can do? Anybody? I have no control over my Kureyon consumption and it's ruining my life.

The Kureyon taunts me with its pretty pretty colors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

um, I thought you needed a 12 step program for sock yarn.

Beginning to think you just need a knitting 12 step program.

Glad I am not the only one still Harlot Hungover on Friday.

Anonymous said...

P.S. we could always try an intervention on Monday night.


tee hee