a knitter navigates through life

Friday, February 1, 2008

random acts of cuteness

I spent a lovely evening yesterday at Knitch, the happiest place on earth, communing with my fellow knitters and listening to the soothing click of the sock needles. I can't think of a better way to spend a rainy evening. I used up all the pink yarn on the baby cable rib socks

and now I'm going to use the purple to finish the cuffs. They are so soft and squishy and wonderful. Much like this little cutie:

Miss Olive Pickles, shop dog (along with her brother, Tank), and kiss-giver extraordinaire. (If she's really fond of you, she is also an excellent face-bather and nostril-cleaner. That last one is always a bit too much commitment for me, but her heart is in the right place.) Isn't she the most adorable thing you've ever seen? I can barely resist smuggling her home in my bag.

There was also cuteness on the home front this morning, regarding Jaymie and his delicate constitution, which requires him to sleep on handknits (or in this case, handcrochets):

Mad Crocheter, Jaymie would like you to know that your hat makes a completely acceptable bed for one of his ten daily naps.

3 comments:

jana said...

great creature pics. and you're right, i can't think of a better way to spend a rainy evening than what we did last night. let's hear it for suzy and her flushable wipes....SHINY!!!

Yarn or Death said...

That picture of Jaymie and his bed fills me with so much joy I cannot express it. Since Jaymie is so good at sucking up to me, maybe I will crochet him his own bed! (But if it's supposed to be his bed, will he still like it? I can see that Jaymie might only be interested in the forbidden fruit.)

Debbie D said...

Dang it! When will I learn not to listen to my patients when they make out it's going to rain like the Arc was being built super fast.

I've so thought about smuggling Tank and Olive out but fear the wrath of Kim.