a knitter navigates through life

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Because Knit Night just isn't Knit Night . . .


. . . unless I have my feet on the table, taking progress pictures of my latest sock, really close to people's beverages. (Don't blame my mother. She tried her best to beat some manners into me.) This is my latest sock, made from Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome. The colorway is "sugar maple", and the pattern is "scrolls" from Charlene Schurch's More Sensational Knitted Socks. I'm not really sure how this pattern is supposed to look like scrolls, but I love the effect it has on this fabric. I wanted these socks to mimic flames. Left to its own devices, the yarn would just make sort of variegated stripes, but this lace pattern makes it look as if the colors are leaping and dancing across the sock. Plus it's been super-easy to memorize and a really fast knit. I usually don't make a pattern more than once, but I can see myself using this again, perhaps with blues to imitate the swirls and eddies of a stream.

Also, if you look closely, you can see Gotta Knit's neverending (but gorgeous) blanket in the background.

2 comments:

Debbie D said...

we don't mind your foot near our drinks. Great looking sock as I already told you that evening.


What a surprise about my blanket making a small guest appearance.

jana said...

i don't care that you put your feet on the table, as long as you always have flaming shiny socks!!