a knitter navigates through life

Thursday, February 14, 2008

where are my cabana boys??

I'm marooned in the middle of Sleeve Island, and my cabana boys are nowhere to be found.


Sleeve Island is no fun without hot shirtless cabana boys to serve you fruity beverages with little paper umbrellas in them. And I would really like the fruity beverages, because this is the part where it starts to get dicey. I don't have enough yarn to do the whole sweater in brown (sob). So I was going to do the body and sleeves in brown, then switch to pink for the yoke, then red. Unfortunately, I would like the point at which the sleeves and body change to pink to match each other, because I'm crazy like that. (Homemade is good; weird and crappy is not.) I have about 14 inches of sweater body and 15 inches of one sleeve, and no more brown yarn. So (and I knew this would probably happen, but I think I just went "lalala I'll think about it later" and went off to my happy-land) now I have to tink back the sweater body and use that yarn to make the other sleeve. Let's hope I can get everything to match up without having to get completely crazy.

Oh, yes. The kitties would like to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day.

This is about as cuddly as they get with each other. They are manly kitties. They do not snuggle.

2 comments:

Debbie D said...

Hope the sweater fairy sprinkles some magic dust on your sweater and sleeves.


Great manly kitty and blanket photo.

jana said...

it might actually be quite cool to see what happens when things don't match.

but this is jana talking and we all know how she is. the dang red tank top ain't even done yet, it is in the finishing queue at knitch. don't listen to princess jana banana hammock ho....

manly kitties are MANLY and SHINY