a knitter navigates through life

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Who are these people and why do I have to be related to them?

My sister is moving into a new apartment this weekend and made a request for a specific housewarming item she would like for me to knit. It seems her new apartment is one of those trendy, all-concrete, exposed-ductwork type of lofts, and she is worried that her little tootsies will get chilly on those hard cold floors. So she asked me to knit her an area rug. I stared at her for a good thirty seconds before I realized she was serious. Afterward, when I had picked myself up off the floor, I patted her on the shoulder and said, "It's good to want things." Nonknitters are so cute sometimes.

3 comments:

jana said...

lmao....like when troy asked me to knit him the 20 foot scarf from dr. who....and he was serious.

Debbie D said...

still think if you went to the hardware store and got some thick twine or rope and used my size 35 needles or get size 50, you could quickly make a rockin area rug.


Now you've got me thinking about it for the screened in porch.

Eve said...

rofl! They really have no clue, do they?