a knitter navigates through life

Friday, April 11, 2008

Dancing flames!

Finished, at long last! For real this time.


Here's a close-up of the lace pattern ("scrolls" from Charlene Schurch's More Sensational Knitted Socks, one of the eight-stitch lace patterns). This pattern never stopped being fun and intriguing. Usually once I knit something, I never want to knit it again, but I would do this again in a heartbeat.

And, for an accuracy check, the sock with Rereading Proust's bitchin' tattoo.

(Upon seeing the tattoo, Treats for Breathing asked, in her wide-eyed and innocent way, "What do you have against guitar music?" She makes me laugh until I snort.)

3 comments:

Debbie D said...

Oh Thank Gawd! I feel like we should open a bottle of Champagne to celebrate.

jana said...

yee-haw!! heel yeah!! this calls for...more sock yarn!!!

Megan: Dyer, Spinner and Weaver said...

BEEE-EWE-T-FULL!!!