a knitter navigates through life

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

washed ashore

After a long and grumpy absence due to (as Cher Horowitz would say) surfing the crimson wave, I have returned with much progress and exciting new stuff for show and tell.

Work on the Brookside sweater, sadly shunted aside for the pre-Yarn-Harlot sprint on the Dancing Flames socks, has resumed, and I've used up all the brown yarn and moved onto the pink.

I love this color so much. Here's a close-up.


The Seraphim shawl is growing bigger and bigger. I'm almost done with the plain stockinette part, ready to start the charts. And working the the Malabrigo laceweight is every bit as wonderful as I imagined. Every couple of minutes I have to stop and bury my face in my work. I've gotten some strange looks, even from other knitters, but I just say, "Malabrigo laceweight" and they're like, "Ohh, I get it."

It's like knitting with unicorn down.


1 comment:

Hockey Mom said...

Oooh, I knit Seraphim in merino laceweight. Yours is gorgeous! Maybe I'll get to see it tomorrow night?