a knitter navigates through life

Thursday, January 10, 2008

a poll

I've been having thoughts lately (yes, it's been painful.), thoughts centering around changing my blog title. "Light Wading for the Unadventurous", while I really like it, has several problems. 1) It's completely inscrutable. Even when I explain it, it doesn't make much sense. 2) It's impossible to remember. I tell people what my blog is, and the response I get is, "Huh for the what now?" 3) It's descriptive of me in every aspect except my knitting. I've had several people tell me, "Oh, I don't think you're unadventurous at all!" and I say, "Well, no, not in knitting, but in everything else . . . " Basically, it's not very accessible. I'm looking for something easier to remember, that describes me better, that won't require thirty minutes of explanation from me. In short, I'm considering a change to Lovably Quirky. That has always been my response when people tell me I'm weird. ("No, no, not weird. Lovably quirky. LOVABLY QUIRKY.") Thoughts?

In other news, the baby cable rib sock continues, with Malcolm helping model.



I love this yarn and this pattern SO MUCH. I adapted the pattern from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks.
Please let me know what you think of the possible blog title change. I want opinions; you love giving opinions. This should work well.

8 comments:

jana said...

socks look great - "Heel YEAH"
not so sure about lovable quirky, though. what about KIMBER KNITS. i know no one calls you that but it still is cute, isn't it? i like your blog title by the way. what if you changed it to unadventurous lightwading? i'm the birthday girl!!! okay, see you later.

Debbie D said...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo


I like your blog title! I think it is so much more interesting and cool than my boring one.


Sock is looking super good.

Yarn or Death said...

I dunno. Yeah, I had trouble remembering it at first, but now I can't really imagine your blog being called anything else... it's your blog, though.

That and $3.50 will buy you a latte :)

jana said...

or, you could call it wading on the unadventurous side of light.

but i do like your blog title. these are just random jana suggestions that you probably will hate anyway. and now i am heading to knitch with my birthday girl button. bye bye bye.

Eve said...

Keep the title. It's wonderfully cryptic. Sometimes it makes me think of kiddie pools, while at other times I find myself thinking of strolling through a stream of photons. What other blog title can do that?

Sonya said...

I like the title too.

Sonya said...

sorry, sfl = Sonya

The Chickengoddess said...

Keep it! I have never had a problem with it, and it is so unique. There are a thousand million blogs out there, an enigmatic name catches the eye and the interest and makes it stand out.