a knitter navigates through life

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Yay! I'm one of the cool kids!

Well, the camera has well and truly bitten the dust. It was beyond even my Dad's considerable powers of resurrection. See what happens when you taunt a good camera? Let that be a lesson to us all. So, sadly, there will be no pictures until I can procure a new camera. Fortunately, all my knitting projects are either second socks or completely failing to get beyond one inch of knitting before I have to rip and try again, so you're not missing much. Jaymie has discovered the joys of licking ice cubes, which is massive cuteness, so no cute kitten tongue pictures for a while.
Fortunately, the incomparable Chicken Goddess has tagged me for a meme! One of the cool people thinks I'm cool! Happy dance! Okay, on to the meme.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Hmmm, lessee. Ten years ago I was 17, so I'd have been in, what junior year of high school, just finished with what we all affectionately dubbed "hell year", spending my summer volunteering, visiting colleges, and attempting to repair the damage to my circadian rhythms.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today?
1) Call in sick because my stomach is doing that horrible clenchy thing it likes to do every few months. Check.
2) Blog. Check. (So sad that I have to prioritize this. I've been really bad lately because I was getting sick but didn't realize it yet.)
3) Shower and put on real clothes. Yeah, that'll happen, um, at some point. Maybe.
4) Keep trying to give my stomach food even though it doesn't want it, so I can keep my blood sugar somewhat level. I've discovered that popsicles help to kind of numb my angry tummy a little, before I eat something crazy and challenging like a banana.
5) Pounce on disk 4 of Heroes as soon as it arrives and watch it all the way through while knitting. (The Best Roommate Ever has the day off too, although she is doing actual productive things like laundry. I think she'll be on board for this plan.)

3. Snacks I enjoy: strawberry yogurt-covered pretzels, dried pineapple (tastes just like candy, yet it's a fruit. Genius!), cheese popcorn, edamame (Edamame turns me into the Cookie Monster, I swear. "EDAMAME!!! NOM NOM NOM!!!)

4. Places I’ve lived: Wisconsin, North Carolina, Atlanta, and Tallahassee.

5. Things I would do if I were a billionaire: OK, who has that song stuck in their heads now, "If I Had a Million Dollars"? Sing it with me! "If I had a million dollars (if I had a million dollars)!" I'm better now. I would buy my parents a beach house, with lots of porches. And I'd pay off their mortgages and all that so they could retire. I'd probably pay off the Best Roommate Ever's student loans. And I'd hire someone to follow my sister and her boyfriend around and say, "Are you sure that's a wise financial decision?" every two or three minutes. (Lovely girl, but can't manage money for crap.) And then I think I'd travel, see more of the States, and do Europe, and go hang out in Australia for a while. Oooo, and probably go to New Zealand and beg Peter Jackson to let me be involved in The Hobbit, in some tiny little insignificant way. Cuz that would be awesome. I would probably still work, though, once I got home from all this adventure. I'd get too restless otherwise. I'd be organizing the spice rack by color and shaving words into the cats.

No comments: