a knitter navigates through life

Thursday, June 19, 2008

hey, remember when I used to knit?

Or, more accurately, remember when I used to actually blog about my knitting? Hedera #1 was finished the night before I left for Tallahassee.



This is a very sexy little sock pattern. I'm very pleased. And I've already started making it a friend.

It's actually grown a lot since this picture was taken, but SOMEONE hurt my camera's feelings and now it won't take pictures anymore. My camera gets taunted and two days later it breaks. Coincidence? I think not.

The Crusoe socks are also coming along.

Because of the whole slipped-stitch pattern thing, the stockinette foot of the sock is longer than the patterned top, which makes this sock practically self-heeling.

I finished the heel on sock #1 two nights ago, but again, no pictures until the camera gets fixed. It's a little on the snug side, but most of my socks end up being slightly too big, so I think it will be fine.

3 comments:

Jana said...

everything looks great! hope to see you soon.

Gotta Knit! said...

Are you sure the cats didn't knit that while you were away?

Kristin said...

Those Hederas are GORGEOUS!