a knitter navigates through life

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Now that's what I'm talking about!

The weather for the past few days has been perfect for early March, cold and crisp and windy. It even snowed a little yesterday morning. Normally, I hate the cold. I am a tropical mammal; the cold is not my friend. However, I know I'll never survive the 10 months of Atlanta summer unless I have something to compare it to. I'd rather sweat than shiver, but I need to do a little shivering to remind myself.
The knitting is progressing at a normal pace, which is frustrating me. I'm getting cranky and irritable with all of my projects. I want a finished object, dangit! The second sleeve of the sweater is inching painfully along. It's annoying and fiddly trying to make the sleeves and body match with a finite amount of yarn from three very different dye lots. Also, it's cotton, so I can't even spit-splice the yarn.


The grey shawl is still tiny; not much progress to report there. The Dancing Flames socks are zipping along nicely. I got to the second heel last night, so the end is in sight.


Or rather, the end WOULD be in sight. Um, I hate to ask, but does it look like the ball of yarn is getting smaller? At all? Because, um, I don't know. It really doesn't seem to be. These socks are going to end up as thigh-highs, aren't they?

1 comment:

Debbie D said...

There is SO MUCH to be said about thigh high Dancing Flame socks! Couldn't believe how hard it was snowing yesterday morning!