a knitter navigates through life

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

To recap

Monday: Meeting of the Monday Night Gypsy Knitters at The Highlander. No, I did not get the tots, legendary as they are, because we were on the patio. Better light than indoors, but hotter than hell and twice as humid. Having spent most of my summers outdoors in stupid climates for the past eight years, I was prepared. My trick? I put ice cubes in my sandals and rested my feet in the cold melted water. Mmmmm. The heat seriously hampered my knitting speed, though. I was knitting one . . . stitch . . . at a . . . time. But, no complaining. I'm trying to soak up as much heat as I can and enjoy the sultry summer while it lasts, so I can remember the heat come winter, when I am cold and bitter about it.

Tomorrow will find me at Needlenook, working on the world's largest sock. Oh, and sleeping late. Did I mention the sleeping late? Today was the Friday from hell at work. I'm going to sleep til I don't want to sleep no more.



My role models.

1 comment:

Debbie D said...

Go Kitties!!! Sleep good.