a knitter navigates through life

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Meet the Fuzz-butts

When the Best Roommate Ever moved in, she brought with her two kitties, who are adorable and lovable and perfect at least 60% of the time. I hadn't had cats in a really long time, and I fell in love with the little boogers. They were both strays, rescued as kittens from parking lots by BRE. Now, of course, they are spoiled and rotten, and they like it that way.

First we have Jaymison, usually known as Jaymie, also known as James, Jamers, Lard-butt, Goober, the pesky one, and Oh my god please stop eating the mini-blinds.


Likes: ear rubbings, laundry baskets, eating the blinds, eating plastic, causing trouble, being on high things, kisses from Alex, and trying to catch Alex's big black fluffy tail through the glass coffee table. (All attempts have been so far unsuccessful.)

Dislikes: his belly fat being touched



We also have Alexander, usually known as Alex, also known as Fluffy Cat, Squeaker, Snot-ball, the snooty one, and Oh my god please stop horking up hair balls on the carpet.


Likes: his mommy, frequent tiny snacks, squeaking at his Auntie Kim to give him another snack even though she JUST FED HIM TEN MINUTES AGO, getting belly rubs from his mommy, and starting fights with Jaymie which he loses. Daily. Also likes: his mommy. He's a bit of a mama's boy.

Dislikes: anyone who doesn't recognize his innate superiority. This is a cat who understands his ancestors were worshiped as gods in ancient Egypt.


Jaymie is a people cat, the typical extrovert. He loves having Auntie Kim rub his ears, especially at 4 AM. He's not as cuddly, but he's much more outgoing.


Alex is aloof, an introvert. He loves his mommy totally, and is very possessive of her. He sleeps with her almost every night. I, on the other hand, am Not Mommy, and he's very clear about his boundaries on this subject. Alex will snuggle with me if, and only if: 1) Mommy has been gone for more than 4 days and 2)I am unconscious. He will then jump on my bed, lay with his tail draped over my ankle for about 5 minutes, and then leave. No more snuggling with occur until Mommy returns.


But any complaining I do about them is all good-natured. They are precious and wonderful, and I can't imagine my life without them. About a week after they moved in, I asked the Best Roommate Ever, "What did I do with my time before I had cats?" I can't remember.



1 comment:

Debbie D said...

love the cat pictures!!!!!