a knitter navigates through life

Thursday, November 15, 2007

the great apple juice deluge of 2007

Today, just as I was sitting down to blog, I thought to myself, "I am thirsty. I will get a cool and refreshing glass of apple juice to drink while I blog." I got the juice, and with no pause or delay, immediately knocked it over, spilling the entire thing INTO my keyboard. You have never heard such heartfelt swearing. This was passionate, from the diaphragm. I immediately called my dad, who does Something With Computers, and screamed, "Dad!!! Apple juice!!! Keyboard!!! GAAAAGH!" He, very calmly, replied, "Hmm. OK. Well . . . " I screamed, "WHAT??? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!! SPEAK UP!!!" to which he replied, "That's because I haven't said anything yet." Oh. Right. Sorry, Daddy. Apparently, when one spills six ounces of sticky liquid into a keyboard, you're just supposed to rinse it out and let it dry thoroughly, and it'll be fine. That's right. Just stick it under running water and rinse really good (unplugged, of course), and let it dry for a good long time. That's what he said, and that's what I did. And it seems to have worked. Who'da thunk?
While I was waiting for my keyboard to dry, I thought I'd pass the time by checking out the knit blogs. I booted up my computer, and got an error message that went something like this: "Cannot detect keyboard or no keyboard attached. Press F1 to do A, press Del to do B." Ummm. Hmmm. How can I . . . if I have no . . . ? Must be one of them Catch-22 thingies.

Tonight, I head to Knitch to knit chickens! I've never knit a chicken before, and tonight is the last night I'll be able to say that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad your keyboard survived!