a knitter navigates through life

Monday, January 17, 2011

warm and toasty

I get really cold in the winter, miserably cold, all winter long. I've survived so far through a creative mix of layering and whining. I wanted to make myself a nice cuddly winter vest to keep my vulnerable bellular area warm, and Abrazo seemed like a perfect match.
My sweetie bought me the yarn, I swatched it, and then I realized . . .

I got the wrong yarn. It's supposed to be Malabrigo Chunky, not Malabrigo Twist. I can't get anything even close to gauge with the yarn I've got. Crap. I'm trying to decide between scrapping it altogether or forging ahead anyway and making a larger size to compensate for the gauge difference. I'm afraid I'll run out of yarn, though, and a warm winter vest doesn't do any good if it's not long enough to cover my belly button.

Fortunately, I got this in the mail today, a gift from my sweetie. I'll be the first to admit he may have an ulterior motive.

A drool-inducing cookbook that seems to have been written just for me. If I can't cover my belly with warm fuzzy yarn, I'll fill it with warm, tasty noms.

No comments: