a knitter navigates through life

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

sproing!

Spring has officially sprung. We have a massive stand of honeysuckle blooming right outside my window, and the fragrance is incredible.

I keep using words like "heady" and "redolent". We are keeping the windows open all the time when we're home to make the most of this gorgeous (short-lived) spring weather. Consequently, I am just not feeling the winter knits anymore. The Brookside sweater has two finished sleeves and a half-finished body, but who wants to knit a brown and pink sweater, cotton though it may be, when the weather is this glorious?


And frankly, even though the Seraphim shawl is to the point where I can (finally) start the charts, and the Malabrigo laceweight is like knitting with spun happiness, my hands get sweaty every time I even touch the wool.


So they have both been blatantly thrown aside, packed away until autumn in their little plastic bags. (And yes, I did learn from past mistakes and make notes about where I was in the pattern, what needles I was using, etc. Good knitter. Have a cookie.) The Hedera socks have been taken out of hibernation and I'm almost ready to turn the heel on sock #1.


I've also been playing with two new sock yarns in beautiful spring colors.

Luxe Superwash Merino fingering weight that I've had forever. It was too beautiful to pass up.

And Dream in Color Smooshy, a gift from the wonderful Treats for Breathing.

I also, in the depths of my previous funk, decided to test whether my crappy mood was due to a lack of Brookside Yarn. Well, it wasn't, but these beauties came home with me, to make fun spring shrugs/little cardigan thingies.



I'm thinking something like this. Let the swatching begin!

(The kitties would like you to know that they were very helpful with the picture-taking process.)


No comments: